2012 Race Information
Olympic Race (1500m/40km/10km – €55)
Super Sprint Race (600m/16km/4km – €45)
Important notice to all competitors: if you are not a Full, Student or Junior Triathlon Ireland member, you are required to purchase a one day licence (€15 for triathlon). To purchase a one day licence (ODL):-
1. Click here to go to the T.I. website http://triathlonireland.com/
2. Select ‘one day licences’ http://triathlonireland.com/one-day-licence.html
The deadline to purchase ODLs for DCT is midnight the Thursday before the race. It will not be possible to purchase ODLs after the above time or on race day.
Reasons to do the Vodafone Dublin City Triathlon!
- Dublin City Triathlon Olympic Distance is a Triathlon Ireland National Series race.
- Pontoon for entering and exiting the water
- Free post-race food for all athletes and volunteers
- Free goodie bag including race t-shirt & drinks water bottle for all athletes
- Super sprint option with distance 600 metre swim/16km cycle/5km run
- Energy drinks and fruit for all athletes
- Perfect warmup race before Ironman Ireland 70.3
- Ideal event for first triathlon (super sprint) or first Olympic distance triathlon with a river swim, closed roads and run through the park!
- Superb prizes to be won and spot prizes given away on the day
Closing date/Transfer/Cancellation Policy
1. Closing date for transfers is 10th August.
2. We will not accept cancellations in the lead up to the Dublin City Triathlon.
3. There will be no waiting list in operation for unsuccessful entrants.
5. Swaps are not allowed between “super sprint” and Olympic distance race.
Vodafone Dublin City Triathlon
This year, for the 8th year running, the Dublin City Triathlon is a Piranha Triathlon Club organised event.
This race is run with the co-operation of the Office of Public Works, Dublin City Council, the Gardai, Triathlon Ireland, Triathlon Ireland Leinster Branch, the Islandbridge rowing clubs, the Order of Malta, Dublin Bus and the emergency services.
The Dublin City Triathlon organisation committee is fully committed to ensuring the safety of competitors participating in the race. The 2012 race briefing will be available in due course.